This year, I received one of the best gifts I have ever EVER been given for my birthday from my darling bestfriend and roommate Debbie (shoutout to the bestfriend in the world snitchesss <3) . If any of you know me personally, you know I have a slight obsession with Blush. I like lots of it on – dark colors, light colors, shimmery, matte, everything. I JUST LOVE BLUSH. So my best friend in the whole wide world of course, schemed and plotted to get me the most amazing present ever. Basically, I was pretty much done with my Nars Orgasm Blush I had purchased earlier that year, and I was pretty bummed so Debbie decided to get me the “Nars Guy Bourdine – One Night Stand” Blush Palette. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, this is one HELL of a birthday gift. Basically, its 4 of Nars’ popular blushes (including my fav Orgasm!) along with their extremely famous bronzer “Laguna” and a highlighter as well. Debbie was soooooo excited to give me it, she actually gave me the palette before December had even started (because she loves me THAT much) and I think I almost cried when she gave it to me (lol seriously).
I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS PALETTE. I don’t think I’ve ever loved a specific piece of make up as much as I love this palette. I think I actually wake up everyday a little bit happier when I see that beautiful thing on my dresser (I don’t even know if I’m joking or not). This palette is AMAZING for anyone who loves blush as much as I do. Seriously, it’s all the good and love in the world put into one amazingly packaged item (okay, I may be going a tad bit overboard, but not really). Here’s a look at the most gorgeous thing I have ever owned…
Basically this palette has it all, a great bronzer, highlighter, and four awesome blushes, so you can really build any look you want because it has so many options.
Here’s a little review on the product.
All the colors in this palette are highly pigmented, as are most of Nars’ blushes and cheek products. So here’s the review:
1. Orgasm – I’m really not going to go much into detail about this blush, because I’ve already done a review on this color (see my first post if you’re curious). Basically with this color, Nars gives you a peachy pink with fine gold shimmer. It’s not gold glitter, which makes it a really unique color. The shimmer is so perfectly mixed into the color that it really looks flawless on the cheeks. This color is one of Nars most famous blushes, and its well worth what you pay for.
2. Goulue – This is a great plum colored blush, with hints of golden shimmer. It’s not as shimmery as Orgasm, but instead its more of a subtle shimmer. It looks amazing on any skin tone, and I would definitely wear this color more in the fall and winter, but thats just me personally. Honestly, it would look great on any skin tone because it’s a buildable color. You can load on more color if you’re going for a more dramatic look, or just do a light flush of color as well.
3. Mistinguette – This is the color I have been reaching for MOST out of this entire palette. It looks like an extremely bright pink, but don’t let the looks of this color deceive you. This is an AMAZING matte pink color. It really looks beautiful on your face, and again, it’s a very buildable color. I usually use this color when I do a heavy eye look and I don’t want that much shimmer all over my face and cheeks, and other times, I use it for an everyday look with just some BB cream underneath. Either way, it’s my new favorite color from Nars and surprisingly I’ve been using it more than Orgasm (not saying I like it more but it’s getting pretty damn close!). It really looks good on any skin tone, and I can’t wait to see what its going to look like on my face in the summer when I’m a little bit more on the tan side.
4. Deep Thoat – This is a color thats similar to Orgasm, but has a LOT less shimmer and looks a bit more on the frosted side. Basically it’s a similar shade of pink as Orgasm but looks more muted because it’s less golden and shimmery. Personally, I haven’t really tried this color as much as I would like to, but I feel like it’s a color that’s going to look better on me in the spring or early summertime. But I have tried it a couple of times, and it’s a great color and if you’re someone who likes orgasm, but you want less shimmer I would definitely recommend this color.
5. Devotee – This is the highlight that Nars gives with this product. This is a great highlighter; it does it’s job and does show up well on the skin. Its shimmery and doesn’t have a bronze or golden undertone like some highlighters do have, which is something I really like because I don’t like my highlighters too look too bronzy. I do like using this highlighter a lot, but I don’t think I would have purchased it seperately if it didn’t come with the palette. But regardless I’m glad it came in the palette because it does look great on my skin tone.
6. Laguna – So here’s one of Nars’ most famous bronzers, Laguna. I hate to say this, but I was a little bit disappointed with this bronzer =( . It’s a bit too light for my liking and it takes a while for it to show up on my skin because I really have to build the color to get the look that I want. I feel like the color of the bronzer just isn’t for me. I know a lot of Makeup fanatics love this color, but I have to disagree. I don’t think this is an ideal color for contouring my cheeks. However, I do like this color to use as a bronzer on the apples of my cheeks when I want more of a bronze look overall. I also tend to use it sometimes to contour my nose if I’m in a hurry and I don’t want that much of a contour. I’ve also used it as an eyeshadow a couple of times to blend out my eyes, and put in my crease, and I actually do really love it for this purpose. I’m definitely going to try to contour my face a couple more times with the Laguna bronzer but as of right now, I have to say it’s the one thing in the palette I use least. Maybe I’ll find more uses for it later on? Who knows!
Of course, this palette comes with great packaging just like all of Nars products. Its a sleek and thin palette that’s pretty easy to take anywhere. I do feel that it’s a bit delicate but that’s just because I’m a little OCD when it comes to my make up. I defintely would be terrified to drop this baby anywhere or just throw it in my purse but it’s pretty tiny to pack anywhere else.
So basically, that’s my opinion on the Nars Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Cheek Palette. I am in love with this palette, and I really am so SO happy that I own it. I believe that this palette was a limitted edition palette from Nars, and I don’t think that it’s available anymore in Sephora or through Nars, however, you can purchase any of these colors separately for about $29 each at any Sephora, Nars counter, or online. I know it’s a tad bit on the pricey side, but I honestly do love all of Nars blushes and I think they’re a great investment for anyone who loves blush.
If you have any questions, comments, or have any other personal favorite Nars Blushes, definitely leave a comment below and follow my blog :]
❤ – Preksha
P.S. Special Shout Out to the BEST bestfriend in the whole wide world. ❤ don’t know what my life would be without you tinky!